What is a Gondola Shelving System?
Gondola Shelving is a cost effective and sturdy, free standing, metal shelving system, which will adapt to whatever space you have and whatever industry you are in. We have double, single sided and corner gondolas in varying heights and widths. There are various options to maximise your space and display your merchandise in the best way for you and/or your customers.
Gondola bays can be updated and refreshed over time with additional accessories including; shelves, trays, lights, sign panels, side & end panels and our new exclusive range of sign holders that connect to the top of the unit. This means that once you have purchased the gondola bay, you can customise it to suit your requirements with little effort and cost.
All our metal powder coated items are supplied with hard wearing Interpon Akzo Nobel powder coat for a great, hard wearing and long lasting finish.
Measuring Your Space
When measuring an entire room, take into consideration fixed items such as; doorways, windows, fire extinguishers, fire alarms, access to power points, ceiling height. Also consider space in aisles to allow free flow of customers and potentially trolleys. Allow extra space around your register for customers to queue. If possible, draw a floorplan to help visualise the space you have.
Why Shop Supplies?
You will speak to someone who has knowledge of our products and can talk you through any questions you may have. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service and commitment to customer satisfaction. Our products are of the highest quality and are built to last many years of wear and tear in your store.
Ordering Your Shelving
Consider these questions;
•What colour shelving would you like? (white, black, hammertone)
•Do you require double or single sided bays or a mixture of both?
•What height do you require? (Take into consideration that you might like to add signage on top of the bay).
•How deep do you want the base shelf to be?
•How many upper shelves do you require and what size?
•Can you use a mix of 900mm and 600mm bays to make up the total space?
•Do you have a floorplan?
•Do you require data strips and hooks?
Once we have received your order, we will advise you when you should expect to receive your gondola shelving.
Unless you are using a professional installer, we advise that two people will be needed to put the shelving together. If you are doing a full store fitout, we can supply an installer at an additional cost.
Great quality product and exceptional service!
From the very first phone call, they could not have been more helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and they had a number of solutions up their sleeves for our varied requirements. If I ever needed to arrange shelving again, I would definitely use Shop Supplies.
iWooHoo Pty Ltd
Surprised at the quality of their gondola shelving for the price. We were very happy with the service and our showroom looks great. Thanks!
1. I want new shelving for my store/space, where do I start?
- First, you need your floor plan, if you don’t have one, take the measurements of your space and draw out a floor plan.
- Then, visit the Shop Supplies website and have a look at the online catalogue to see what gondola bays you would like and double check they will fit into your space.
2. Do I need to order brackets?
- Yes you do, brackets come separately, you need to make sure the depth of the bracket is the same as the depth of the shelf you have chosen.
3. Do I get everything in the picture or do I need to order back panels, for example?
You receive the back panels, base shelf and posts, if you require extra shelving or hooks or accessories etc, they need to be purchased in addition.
4. What is a single bay and a double bay?
| Single Bay
5. When is it best to use a single bay vs a double bay?
This would depend on the size and layout of your store. A single bay generally goes against a wall and has one side to hang your shelves/hooks onto, a double bay has two sides and would go in the centre of your store. You can also use single bays at the end of a double bay for special offers, for example. In addition to these, there are corner bays which you can use with wall bays to create a 90 degree corner.
6. What are the sizes of the bays?
7. What are the different heights of a gondola bay?
8. What is the most common height you recommend for a gondola bay?
1500mm is the most common height, so customers/staff can look over the top to other aisles. We recommend whichever height works for your space, taking into account any additional sign holders you want to add on top.
9. What is the maximum length of a gondola bay I can build?
10. How many shelves do you recommend in a bay?
11. What makes Shop Supplies gondola bays better than other competitors?
12. What guarantee and warranty do I get with the Gondola bay?
Click here for our full range of Gondola Shelving and accessories.